SATURDAY 27 OCTOBER 2012
- 9:00 to 9:30 am – Weigh ins for MEN BEGINNERS only.
- 9:30 am – Rules Meeting
- 10:00 am – MEN BEGINNERS competition starts
- 10:00 to 10:30 am – Weigh ins for MEN INTERMEDIATE
- 11:30 am – MEN INTERMEDIATE competition starts
- 11:30 am to 12:30 pm – Weigh ins for ALL WOMEN and MEN ADVANCED
- 1:30 pm – ALL WOMEN and MEN ADVANCED competition starts
- 3:00 pm – ABSOLUTE (Open weight/Open skill) for MEN and WOMEN starts for Cash prizes
Medal ceremony and Raffle will begin after all matches have run. Competitor must be present at raffle drawing to win a prize.
SUNDAY 28 OCTOBER 2012
- 8:00 to 8:30 am – Weigh ins for all KIDS
- 8:30 am – Rules meeting and warm up
- 9:00 am – KIDS competition begins
Medal ceremony and Raffle for kids competitors will begin after awards ceremony. Competitor must be present at raffle drawing to win a prize.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- You may enter only one OPEN or ABSOLUTE division. For example, if time permits us to run the MEN BEGINNER OPEN, and you registered for a BEGINNER weight class, then you may compete in the BEGINNER OPEN or the ABSOLUTE, but you may not compete in both.
- If we are running the MEN BEGINNER OPEN, you must register for it before the end of the all BEGINNER weight classes. If we are running the MEN INTERMEDIATE OPEN, you must register for it before the end of the all INTEREMEDIATE weight classes. You must register for the ABSOLUTE before 2:00 pm.
- You must weigh in by your skill level’s cut off time. This will allow us time to generate the brackets for your skill level.
- All brackets will be single elimination with an extra match to determine 3rd place.
- You are guaranteed at least 2 matches. If there is no one in your division, we reserve the right to merge your division with a division closest in weight or skill level. The OPEN or ABSOLUTE division will guarantee your second match.
- All Adult matches are 5 minutes. All Kids matches are 3 minutes in duration. Sudden death overtime for 1 minute (first one to score wins). If still tied after overtime, lighter competitor wins.
- For those staying the night at the venue on Friday night, you can arrive at the venue after 8pm. You must clear your belongings from the building before 8:30 am on Saturday so we may prepare for the weigh ins.
- If you are staying the night at the venue on Saturday, you must clear your belongings before 7:30 am so we may prepare for the weigh ins.
- You must have your registration fee paid before you weigh in. If you have not received a confirmation email, but you have paid by bank transfer, please bring proof of your online bank transfer. If you have made arrangements to pay at the door, please bring cash only.
- For kids brackets, we will be doing our best to create brackets with kids who match the closest in weight, age, and skill level. This is not an easy task because there is such a variation among kids, so please be understanding of this. We realize that we cannot please everyone, and we welcome your comments, but we ask that you do not become disruptive if the matches are not ideal for your child or student.