Saturday 17 May 2014 Kids competition
- NO NEW REGISTRATIONS AT THE EVENT. EVERYONE MUST BE ALREADY REGISTERED.
- 8-9 am: Mandatory Weigh ins for all kid competitors (reception area)
- 10 am: Competition begins
- Medals and Prizes will be awarded after all matches are complete.
NZ Grappler cannot predict the number of matches until after all kids weigh in on Saturday morning, but we will try our best to wrap up the Kids event by 12pm. There will be some brackets with combined belts colors to ensure all kids have matches.
Saturday 17 May 2014 Adult competition
- 10:00 am: Weigh ins for Adults begin
- 11:30 am: Cut off for Weigh ins for Brown and Black Belts
- 12:00-1:00 pm: Brown and Black Belts
- 12:30: Cut off time for weigh ins of Purple belts
- 1:00-2:00 pm: Purple Belts
- 1:30: Cut off time for weigh ins of Blue belts
- 2:00-3:30 pm: Blue Belts
- 3:00 pm: Cut off time for weigh ins of White belts
- 3:30-5:30 pm: White Belts
ALL WEIGH INS ARE DONE WITH GI UNIFORM ON. You must wear your uniform at weigh in, so please make sure you are under the maximum allowed weight with your uniform on. We will not be changing your weight class at the event. All change requests for weight division must be made before 5pm on Friday 16th May. Call or text 021 295 3458 or email email@example.com with your change request. If you do not make your weight by your belt’s cut off time, you will be disqualified from your first match. No exceptions and no refunds.
After mandatory morning weigh ins, please ensure you are at the tournament at the start of your belt division’s timeslot. Look for your mat assignment on the bracket print outs that will be posted on the wall at the event.
- WHITE Belt: 5 minutes
- BLUE Belt: 6 minutes
- PURPLE: 7 minutes
- BROWN/BLACK: 8 minutes
- ALL KIDS: 3 minutes
Brackets are in the format of Single Elimination with a match for third place. If the bracket only has 3 competitors, then we will use IBJJF rules for modified round robin where loser of first match competes with 3rd person in the second match, and winner of second match competes with winner of first match to determine first and second places. We will be running matches on 4 mats simultaneously, and will be posting the brackets on the wall. Please check the bracket printouts to see what mat is assigned to your weight class.
Rules and Scoring
All Competitors and Coaches should read the 2013 IBJJF rules that will be observed at this event. We are not yet observing the newest version of the rules that was just published in May 2014. Carefully review the 2013 rulebook.
We will be attempting to give out medals throughout the day as the matches are occurring.
Tournament Location: North Shore Event Centre, Arugus Pl, Auckland 0627. (Click here for Google Maps)