STRICT WEIGH IN POLICIES!
You MUST decide what division you will compete in BEFORE the day of the event. If you do not weigh under the maximum weight for your division, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED WITH NO REFUND. We will not change your weight class or skill level at the tournament, even if you are light enough to make the weight class below your registered weight class. If you need to change your division, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 pm on Friday 21st February. You MUST weigh in before the Cut off time for your skill level (check schedule below). If you do not weigh in before your cut off time, you will NOT be put into the brackets, and you will NOT receive a refund.
SCHEDULE on Saturday 22nd February
We will try our best to keep with the start time for the divisions, but the cut off time for weigh ins will be strictly enforced.
KIDS (17 yrs and under)
- 8-9 am Kids weigh in
- 10-12 pm Kids competition
- Kids medal ceremony following last kids match
- 10 am Adult begin weigh in (Advanced division get priority)
- 11:30 am Cut off for Advanced weigh in
- 12:30 pm Cut off for Absolutes registration (all levels)*
- 12:30 pm Advanced competition begins, followed by Absolutes. Advanced and Absolute medals are given after all Absolute matches are done.
- 12:30 pm Cut off for Intermediate weigh in
- 2:00 pm Intermediate competition begins. Intermediate medals are given after all Intermediate matches are done.
- 2:00 pm Cut off for Beginner weigh in
- 3:30 pm Beginner competition begins. Beginner medals are given after all Beginner matches are done.
The match durations will be as follows:
Kids 3 minutes
Beginner 4 minutes
Intermediate 5 minutes
Advanced 6 minutes
Absolutes 5 minutes
NO GI UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
We will not be strict about the required uniform, as stated in the IBJJF rules. Please ensure you wear a top (rash guard or tshirt) and comfortable shorts with no protruding bits. Males may compete bare chested, but we may require you to wear a shirt in future events. You may wear a mouthguard, but cups (boxes) are not allowed.